Green Bay defeats Wisconsin-Milwaukee 61-54Feb 7, 2010 - 3:34 AM GREEN BAY, Wis.(AP) -- Green Bay avenged a 20-point loss to Wisconsin-Milwaukee earlier this season with a 61-54 victory on Saturday.
The Phoenix (16-9, 8-5 Horizon) shot only 35 percent from the field, but hit on 15 of 21 free-throw attempts compared to 4-of-8 free-throw shooting for Wisconsin-Milwaukee (13-11, 5-7).
Rahmon Fletcher and Matt Smith led Green Bay with 13 points each. Randy Berry added 10 points and 13 rebounds.
The Panthers were led by Anthony Hill and Ja'Rob McCallum with 13 points apiece, and Ricky Franklin with 11.
Green Bay led 36-34 at the break, then scored the first seven points of the second half to take a nine-point lead - its largest of the game.
The Panthers came back within three points on three occasions, the last on a jumper by McCallum with 2:34 remaining, before the Phoenix pulled away.
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 54
WISC GREEN BAY 61 FINAL
Feb 6 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 34
WISC GREEN BAY 36 HALFTIME
Feb 6 8:52 PM
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Wisconsin rolls over Milwaukee Dec 10
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 10
- Green Bay upsets No. 15 Miami-Florida Dec 6
- Phoenix hope to rise above 15th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 6
- No. 3 Wisconsin cruises past Green Bay Nov 20