La.-Lafayette beats Ark.-Little Rock 77-51Feb 7, 2010 - 3:46 AM LAFAYETTE, La.(AP) -- Tyren Johnson notched a double-double, scoring 30 points and grabbing 11 boards, to lead Louisiana-Lafayette in a 77-51 rout of Arkansas-Little Rock on Saturday night.
Randell Daigle added 15 points and Chris Gradnigo chipped in with 11 for the Ragin' Cajuns (11-12, 8-4 Sun Belt Conference), who snapped a six-game losing streak to the Trojans.
The Ragin' Cajuns have won a season-high three straight games.
Daigle knocked down three 3-pointers, Johnson added two more and Travis Bureau hit another for the Ragin' Cajuns, who finished 6-for-17 from long range (35.3 percent). The Trojans were 0-for-13 from beyond the arc.
Daigle and Johnson hit back to back 3s to open the game, Johnson put the Ragin' Cajuns up 10-4 on a jumper and they never trailed in this one.
The Trojans (7-16, 3-9) didn't have a player in double figures.
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17