Tennessee State defeats Tennessee-Martin 74-68Feb 7, 2010 - 3:16 AM MARTIN, Tenn.(AP) -- Jacquan Nobles scored 20 points and Wil Peters added 19 to help Tennessee State defeat Tennessee-Martin 74-68 on Saturday night.
The Tigers (5-20, 2-11 Ohio Valley Conference), who trailed 36-27 at halftime, shot 50 percent in the second half (13 of 26), and snapped a seven-game losing streak - their longest since 2006-07.
The Tigers also beat the Skyhawks 73-59 on Jan. 9 for their last win before the losing skid.
Tennessee-Martin (3-19, 0-12) led 57-53 with 8:33 to go, before Peters sparked a 12-1 Tennessee State run with 10 points. He capped the spurt on a free throw with 2:38 left.
The Tigers trailed 38-27 on Benzor Simmons' layup 22 seconds into the second half. Jeremiah Crutcher's layup gave the Tigers their first lead of the second half, 47-45, with 12:31 to go.
Marquis Weddle scored 25 points for Tennessee-Martin, which dropped its third straight.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Cotton, No. 16 Wichita State take down Tennessee State Nov 16
- Tigers face daunting task in clash with 16th-ranked Shockers Nov 16
- Bowers and Missouri blow past Tennessee State Dec 8