Viney scores 22 in 77-61 Loyola Marymount victoryFeb 7, 2010 - 6:10 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Four of the five starters for Loyola Marymount scored in double figures Saturday as the Lions defeated Pepperdine 77-61.
Drew Viney had 22 points - 16 in the first half - for Loyola Marymount, which led by as many as 27 points and snapped a seven-game losing streak against the Waves. Vernon Teel added 18 points, seven assists and four steals. Kevin Young had 15 points, as did Jarred DuBois, who returned to the lineup for the first time in four games after sitting due to dehydration.
LMU (12-12, 3-5 West Coast) held Pepperdine (7-17, 3-5) to just 35.3 percent shooting and outscored the Waves 20-2 on points off turnovers. LMU had just seven turnovers to 14 for Pepperdine.
Mychel Thompson led the Waves with 18 points, while leading scorer Keion Bell had 13. Taylor Darby added eight points and 10 rebounds for the Waves, who held a 37-31 rebounding edge.
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14
- Waves hope to come crashing down on third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 14
- No. 3 Gonzaga blows past Loyola Marymount Feb 13
- Lions face tall task in clash with third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 12
- Balanced Zags beat LMU Jan 18
- First vs. worst in the WCC, as Zags visit Lions Jan 17
- No. 3 Gonzaga edges Pepperdine Jan 16
- Waves hope to wash away third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 15
- Wichita State has no problem with Loyola Marymount Dec 23