Wise, Moore lead UC Irvine to 76-63 victoryFeb 7, 2010 - 6:27 AM IRVINE, Calif.(AP) -- Eric Wise scored 21 points and Darren Moore had 16 points and nine rebounds as UC Irvine defeated Cal State-Bakersfield 76-63 Saturday night to earn a split in the teams' home-and-home series this week.
Michael Hunter added 15 points for the Anteaters (10-14), who lost at Bakersfield on Wednesday.
Donavan Bragg paced the Roadrunners (5-17) with 25 points and Stephon Carter added 12.
Irvine, which snapped a four-game losing streak, built a 33-22 halftime lead behind 11 points from Wise and 10 from Hunter.
A 3-pointer by Moore with 14:20 to play gave the Anteaters their largest lead, 48-28, and the Roadrunners couldn't get closer than 11 the rest of the way.
Irvine shot 44.8 percent from the field while Bakersfield shot 32.1 percent.
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- No. 16 SDSU beats Bakersfield 51-27 Nov 21
- 16th-ranked Aztecs take on Roadrunners Nov 20
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Oregon thumps UC Irvine, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- Anteaters face tall task in clash with undefeated Ducks Dec 17
- UC Irvine coach Turner lands contract extension Nov 7
- Gill leads Pacific to victory in Big West Conference final Mar 17