Lipscomb defeats Jacksonville 79-61Feb 7, 2010 - 9:29 PM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Adnan Hodzic scored 21 points and extended his double figure scoring streak to 51 games - the longest active streak in the country - in Lipscomb's 79-61 win over Jacksonville on Sunday.
Hodzic also posted his fifth straight double-double with 11 rebounds, as the Bisons (13-11, 10-5 Atlantic Sun Conference) moved into at least a share of first place in the conference.
Josh Slater also scored 21 for Lipscomb, and moved into the 1,000-point club on a free throw with 10:53 left.
The Bisons led 39-33 at halftime and took a 55-43 lead on Hodzic's three-point play with 13:07 to go.
Lipscomb outrebounded the Dolphins 43-35 and scored 20 second-chance points.
Jacob Arnett chipped in 13 points for the Bisons, who shot 46 percent (29 of 63).
Ben Smith scored 12 points and Lehmon Colbert 10 for Jacksonville (9-5, 13-10).
- NCAA BB
LIPSCOMB 79 FINAL
Feb 7 3:48 PM
- NCAA BB
LIPSCOMB 39 HALFTIME
Feb 7 2:49 PM
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- No. 15 Florida cruises past Jacksonville Nov 25
- Sunshine State melee pits Gators against Dolphins Nov 25
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18