Grambling State beats Alcorn State 73-58Feb 9, 2010 - 4:39 AM GRAMBLING, La.(AP) -- Donald Qualls scored 21 points to lead Grambling State to a 73-58 win over Alcorn State on Monday night.
Qualls shot 5-for-8 from the 3-point arc and dished out four assists for the Tigers (6-13, 4-7 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who have won two in a row.
After an early 9-9 tie in the first half, Grambling State went on an 18-4 run to take a 27-13 lead with 5:35 remaining in the half. The Tigers led 35-20 at halftime.
Grambling State led by double digits for the entire second half, and went up by as many as 24 points after a 3-pointer from Rupert Rose made the score 58-34 with 11:49 remaining.
Ian Francis led Alcorn State (0-24, 0-11) with 22 points and 12 rebounds. The Braves previously lost to Grambling State earlier this season, falling 82-74 in overtime on Jan. 11.
- TCU thumps Grambling State Dec 23
- Washington routs Grambling State Dec 18
- Tigers face tall task in clash with 16th-ranked Huskies Dec 17
- Taylor leads Texas rout of Alcorn State Nov 17
- Braves face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Longhorns Nov 16
- Marquette beats Grambling State 114-71 Nov 13
- No. 17 Marquette entertains Grambling State Nov 12
- Fair helps No. 9 Syracuse top Alcorn State Dec 29
- Orange battle Braves in Gotham Classic action Dec 29
- Pressey, Missouri rout Alcorn State Nov 14
- No. 14 Tigers set to pounce on Braves Nov 13
- Price is right at Grambling May 8