The Citadel tops College of Charleston 72-65Feb 9, 2010 - 2:41 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Zach Urbanus scored 17 points to lead The Citadel to a 72-65 win over College of Charleston on Monday night.
Cameron Wells and Harrison DuPont added 15 points apiece for the Bulldogs (13-12, 7-6 Southern Conference), who have won two in a row. The Citadel swept the season series against College of Charleston, also winning 61-55 on Jan. 9.
A 5-0 run late in the second half gave the Bulldogs a 67-63 lead with 2:19 remaining. Casaan Breeden made a layup for the Cougars to cut the lead to two points, but College of Charleston was outscored 5-0 the rest of the way as Andrew Goudelock missed two 3-pointers in the final minute.
Goudelock finished with 19 points, 11 rebounds and six assists to lead the Cougars (16-9, 11-3), who had a three-game winning streak snapped.
- NCAA BB
THE CITADEL 72
COLL OF CHARLTN 65 FINAL
Feb 8 8:51 PM
- NCAA BB
THE CITADEL 27
COLL OF CHARLTN 31 HALFTIME
Feb 8 7:47 PM
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Davidson vs. Citadel moved to Monday due to storm Feb 11
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9
- Brooks leads Davidson to another SoCon title Mar 12
- Cat fight in SoCon title game has Charleston battling Davidson Mar 11