Jackson State beats Southern 63-53Feb 9, 2010 - 4:44 AM JACKSON, Miss.(AP) -- Raymond Gregory scored 11 points and Cason Burk grabbed 11 rebounds, leading Jackson State in a 63-53 win over Southern University on Monday night.
Gertavin Blake and De'Suan Dixon added 10 points apiece for the Tigers (12-11, 10-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who won their sixth in a row and maintained their spot atop the SWAC.
The Jaguars took a 4-0 lead from the start, but six different players scored for Jackson State in a 16-8 run and the Tigers never trailed again.
Jackson State led by six points at the break and outscored the Jaguars 34-30 in the second to seal it.
The Tigers outscored the Jaguars 48-30 in the paint and produced 12 points off of 14 Southern U. turnovers.
Jameel Grace was the lone player in double figures for the Jaguars (4-19, 2-9), scoring 10 points. Southern U. was trying to win two straight games for the first time this season.
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- No. 22 Baylor survives scare against Southern Dec 22
- Iowa State takes care of Southern Dec 15
- Cyclones hope to blow past visiting Jaguars Dec 14
- Memphis outlasts Jackson State Dec 28
- Jackson State seeks upset of No. 17 Memphis Dec 28
- Baylor routs Southern Dec 22
- Southern hits road seeking upset of No. 12 Baylor Dec 22
- No. 1 Arizona beats Southern, moves to 12-0 Dec 20