Saint Louis beats Saint Joseph's 56-52Feb 10, 2010 - 2:57 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Cody Ellis scored 13 points and Christian Salecich added 11 as the lone double-figure scorers for Saint Louis, leading the Billikens over Saint Joseph's 56-52 on Tuesday night.
Ellis also knocked down three 3-pointers for the Billikens (15-8, 6-3 Atlantic 10 Conference), who finished 8-for-22 from beyond the arc (36.4 percent). The Hawks were just 2-for-12 from long range (16.7 percent).
The Hawks led nearly the entire way until early in the second half, hanging onto a 39-38 advantage after a pair of foul shots by Garrett Williamson. But Kwamain Mitchell's layup and Justin Jordan's 3 sparked a 13-4 run by the Billikens and they never trailed again.
Saint Louis held on despite going without a field goal for the last 3:45.
Williamson scored 13 points to pace the Hawks (9-15, 3-7), who have lost four of their last five games.
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- Sharp shooting leads VCU past Saint Joseph's Jan 11
- Hawks seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Jan 10
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- No. 10 Villanova rolls past Saint Joseph's Dec 6