Lamar hammers NAIA member Lyon 75-46Feb 10, 2010 - 3:21 AM BEAUMONT, Texas(AP) -- Eight Lamar players scored at least seven points apiece Tuesday night in a 75-46 victory over Lyon.
Coy Custer scored 11 points and Anthony Miles, Reggie Mathis and Donte Lopez 10 each for the Cardinals (14-11), who notched their second four-game winning streak. Stan Brown grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds.
Lamar's leading scorer, Justin Nabors, was battling a groin injury and did not play.
James Jackson's 12 points led Lyon (5-17), an NAIA school in Batesville, Ark., for which the game was an exhibition.
The Scots trailed 40-13 at halftime, at which point they had made only 4 of 30 shots. They wound up shooting 17 of 65 (26.2 percent).
Lamar scored the first 13 points before Jackson's jumper got the Scots on the board after 4 minutes. The lead reached 30 points at 45-15 with 17:59 left.
Lamar is 13-2 at home and ended its nonconference season 9-7.
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10
- Kentucky cruises past Lamar in primer for battle with Louisville Dec 29
- Lamar faces uphill climb in clash with No. 3 Kentucky Dec 28
- Sullinger leads No. 2 OSU over Lamar Dec 21