St. Bonaventure defeats Fordham 72-61Feb 11, 2010 - 3:20 AM OLEAN, N.Y.(AP) -- Chris Matthews hit six 3-pointers and scored 22 points to lead St. Bonaventure to a 72-61 victory over Fordham on Wednesday night.
Matthews was 6-for-10 from the 3-point line and the Bonnies (10-12, 3-6 Atlantic 10 Conference) finished 8 of 17 from beyond the arc to end a four-game losing streak.
St. Bonaventure took a 22-8 lead on Andrew Nicholson's free throws with 7:16 left in the first half and increased it to 28-12 on Jonathan Hall's layup with 4:20 to play.
Matthews' 3-pointer gave the Bonnies a 61-43 advantage with 6:02 remaining in the game.
Nicholson had 14, Michael Davenport scored 12 and Hall added 11 for St. Bonaventure.
Brenton Butler led Fordham (2-20, 0-10) with 26 points and became the 33rd player in program history to reach 1,000 career points. Fahro Alihodzic added 14 points and Chris Gaston had 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Surprising St. Bonaventure nudges into NCAA Tournament talk Mar 10
- Balanced Fordham defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 85-62 Nov 21
- Fordham hires EKU's Neubauer as coach Mar 30
- Pecora fired at Fordham Mar 18
- St. Bonaventure stuns VCU on buzzer-beater Feb 7
- Bonnies entertain 18th-ranked Rams Feb 7
- Jordan, Harrison lead St. John's past Fordham Dec 14
- Red Storm and Rams meet in MSG Holiday Festival Dec 14
- Gathers' buzzer-beater gives Bonnies upset of Saint Louis Mar 14
- Bonnies battle Billikens in A-10 tourney Mar 14
- Kloof helps Bonnies knock off Minutemen Jan 29
- Bonnies seek upset of 21st-ranked Minutemen Jan 29