Hofstra defeats Drexel 75-64Feb 11, 2010 - 2:36 AM HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.(AP) -- Charles Jenkins scored 32 points and Chaz Williams added 20 points to lead Hofstra to a 75-64 victory over Drexel on Wednesday night.
Jenkins hit four 3-pointers and Williams was 12-for-18 from the free throw line as the Pride (13-13, 6-8 Colonial Athletic Association) won for the four time in five games.
Hofstra also earned a season split in the series. Drexel (14-12, 9-5) defeated the Pride 75-62 on Jan. 23.
The Pride pulled away late in the first half, outscoring Drexel 9-3 for a 35-27 halftime lead. Jenkins then scored five consecutive points to open the second half and a 40-27 lead with 19:01 remaining.
Hofstra's Greg Washington had five blocks to set both the school career record of 180 and single-season mark of 69. He also finished with 12 rebounds.
Jamie Harris led Drexel with 19 points and Samme Givens added 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- SMU-Hofstra game postponed Dec 6
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27
- Wildcats set sights on Dragons in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27
- Louisville breezes past Hofstra Nov 12
- Pride come calling on third-ranked Cardinals Nov 12