Northeastern beats Georgia State 62-53Feb 11, 2010 - 3:19 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Matt Janning scored 21 points and Chaisson Allen added 19 to lead Northeastern to a 62-53 win over Georgia State on Wednesday night.
The Huskies (17-8, 12-2 Colonial Athletic Association) won for the 15th time in their last 16 games to maintain a one-game lead in the conference standings.
Georgia State trailed 48-45 with 4 minutes to play when Northeastern got a short baseline jumper from Manny Adako, who finished with 11 points and a team-high five rebounds. Allen hit a 3-pointer and scored off a fastbreak layup with 2:45 to play to give the Huskies a 55-46 advantage.
Baskets by Ousman Krubally and Trae Goldston cut Northeastern's margin to five with 1:56 left, but the Panthers (10-16, 4-10) were unable to pull closer.
Trey Hampton led Georgia State with 16 points. Krubally recorded a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9