Houston Baptist defeats Texas-Pan American 84-82OTFeb 11, 2010 - 4:47 AM EDINBURG, Texas(AP) -- Andrew Gonzalez scored 26 points as Houston Baptist defeated Texas-Pan American in overtime, 84-82, in Great West Conference play on Wednesday night.
Wendell Preadom and Mario Flaherty joined Gonzalez in scoring over 20 points, with 22 and 25 points, respectively. The three combined for 73 of Houston Baptist's ((6-17, 5-2) 84 points.
The Broncos (3-23, 2-5) have now lost seven-straight. Luis Valera and Matt Mierzycki led the Broncos with 17 points. Nick Weiermiller and Ben Smith each had 12 points.
The Huskies made 8 of 12 free throws, were 3 for 3 from the field and 1 for 1 from 3 in overtime to outscore the Broncos 15-13.
The Broncos led at the half 38-31, but saw there lead disappear when Flaherty tied the game at 49-49 with 13:23 left. Mierzycki hit a layup to tie the game at 69-69 with 43-seconds left to send the game to overtime.
- NCAA BB
HOUSTON BAPTIST 84
TX PAN AMERICAN 82 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 10 11:22 PM
- NCAA BB
HOUSTON BAPTIST 31
TX PAN AMERICAN 38 HALFTIME
Feb 10 9:59 PM
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- Hipsher to take over at UT-Pan American Apr 4
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- Texas-Pan American suspends five players Jan 21
- McDermott paces Creighton over Houston Baptist Dec 17
- Huskies try to clip Bluejays' wings in non-conference action Dec 17
- Ohio State dominates Texas-Pan American Dec 3
- Broncs face tall task in bout with Buckeyes Dec 3
- S. Dakota tops Houston Baptist 91-86 in Great West Mar 14