Buzzer beater gives Cal St. Bakersfield 59-57 winFeb 11, 2010 - 6:43 AM BAKERSFIELD, Calif.(AP) -- Trent Blakley scored 16 points and hit a running jumper at the buzzer to give Cal State Bakersfield a 59-57 victory over Cal State Northridge on Wednesday night.
Stephon Carter added 14 points for the Roadrunners (6-17), who led by as many as 12 in the second half but saw their advantage evaporate in the closing minutes.
Kenny Daniels led the Matadors (9-15) with 24 points.
Northridge's Lenny Daniel tied the score at 57 on a jumper with 20 seconds to play after Santwon Latunde put Bakersfield up by two with a pair of free throws. Blakley then hit the game-winning shot from the top of the key.
Bakersfield led 54-46 with 4:32 remaining before Northridge put together a 9-1 run to tie the score at 55. A dunk by Willie Galick and three-point play by Daniels capped the run.
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- No. 16 SDSU beats Bakersfield 51-27 Nov 21
- 16th-ranked Aztecs take on Roadrunners Nov 20
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Theus takes over at Cal State Northridge Apr 3
- Braswell out as CSUN head basketball coach Mar 20
- 19th-ranked SDSU rolls past CS-Bakersfield Jan 3