UC Davis defeats Pacific, 62-59Feb 11, 2010 - 5:46 AM DAVIS, Calif.(AP) -- Julian Welch had 19 points in a reserve role to help UC Davis beat Pacific 62-59 and stop a 49-game losing streak to the Tigers that dated back to the 1940-41 season.
Dominic Calegari had 13 points, seven rebounds, and three key free throws for the Aggies (10-13, 6-5 Big Sky).
Terrell Smith had 16 points and Michael Nunnally scored 13 points for the Tigers (15-8, 8-3). The Tigers fell into a first-place tie with UC Santa Barbara.
Calegari made three straight free throws to make the score 60-58 with 1:08 seconds remaining.
Joe Harden added another free throw with 34-seconds remaining, it was his two shots from the charity stripe with 12-seconds to play that sealed the victory for the Aggies.
The Aggies were without their leading scorer and point guard Mark Payne, who was out with an illness.
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- No. 24 Gonzaga handles Pacific Jan 5
- Pacific comes calling on No. 24 Gonzaga Jan 4
- Oregon tops Pacific Nov 29
- Oregon hosts Pacific in Global Sports Challenge Nov 29
- Verlin replaces Thomason at Pacific Mar 27