Cal State Fullerton turns back UC Irvine 72-61Feb 11, 2010 - 5:13 AM IRVINE, Calif.(AP) -- Gerard Anderson and Orane Chin had double-doubles Wednesday night to lead Cal State Fullerton to a 72-61 victory over UC Irvine.
Anderson had 19 points and 10 rebounds while Chin had 14 points and 10 boards for the Titans (12-11, 6-5 Big West), who have won four of their last five. Aaron Thompson hit three 3-pointers as part of his 15-point night.
Eric Wise scored 19 points for the Anteaters (10-15, 3-8), who have dropped five of their last six. Darren Moore added 14 points and Michael Hunter 13.
The Titans, who won the rebounding battle 42-29, led 28-24 at halftime.
UC Irvine gained a 32-31 lead on Moore's basket with 15:16 left. But Anderson converted a three-point play with 13:46 left as the Titans went ahead 34-32 and never trailed again.
The victory gave Cal State Fullerton a season sweep. The Titans lead the series 49-41.
- Coggins' 19 leads CS Fullerton past CS East Bay, 75-52 Jan 3
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Coggins transfers from Air Force to Cal State Fullerton Jul 30
- Oregon thumps UC Irvine, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- Anteaters face tall task in clash with undefeated Ducks Dec 17
- Marquette tops Cal State Fullerton Nov 28
- Golden Eagles eye up Titans in Wooden Legacy Nov 28