Liberty 72, N.C.-Asheville 75Feb 12, 2010 - 3:35 AM ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- Chris Stephenson scored 16 points and J.P. Primm added 15 to help North Carolina-Asheville defeat Liberty 75-72 on Thursday night.
The Bulldogs (11-14, 8-6 Big South Conference) led 37-25 at halftime after outrebounding the Flames 24-17 and scoring all of their 10 second-chance points in the first half.
UNC-Ashville, which got 11 first-half points from Stephenson, shot 50 percent (14 of 28) and held Liberty (12-13, 7-6) to 25.8 percent shooting (8 of 31) before halftime.
The Flames pulled within 66-64 on Evan Gordon's 3 with 4:07 to go, but the Bulldogs answered with six straight points.
Liberty would again pull within two, 70-68, on Kyle Ohman's layup with 2:48 remaining, but wouldn't get any closer in its third-straight loss.
Evan Gordon scored 16 points while Jess Sanders and Kyle Ohman added 15 each for the Flames.
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- Thompson and Thomas help Buckeyes down Bulldogs Dec 15