Pickett's 24 leads Manhattan past Iona 66-60Feb 13, 2010 - 3:12 AM NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y.(AP) -- Rico Pickett scored 24 points and Manhattan held off a late Iona rally in a 66-60 win on Friday night.
Darryl Crawford finished with 14 points and Mohammed Koita had 10 points and a team-high six rebounds for the Jaspers (9-16, 4-11 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who went into halftime with an 18-point lead and held a 47-32 advantage with 12:26 left in the second half.
Pickett shot 8 of 17 from the floor, 6 of 9 from the free throw line and hit two 3-pointers.
The Gaels (18-8, 10-5) chipped away at Manhattan's lead, cutting the margin to 62-59 with 22 seconds left on Kyle Smyth's 3-pointer. But the Jaspers responded by making their free throws down the stretch to pull away.
Smyth led Iona with 12 points and Scott Machado added 11. Rashon Dwight grabbed a game-high seven rebounds.
- NCAA BB
IONA 60 FINAL
Feb 12 9:49 PM
- NCAA BB
IONA 21 HALFTIME
Feb 12 8:26 PM
- Morris and Iowa State race past Iona 94-81 Mar 17
- Iona spoiled Monmouth bench mob party Mar 16
- Manhattan gives Masiello 4-year extension Mar 3
- Iona's suspends Washington 2 games for slap Jan 17
- Sophomore Much receives NCAA waiver, can play right away Nov 15
- Iona gives hoops coach Cluess extension Mar 26
- Hampton tops Manhattan, advances to play Kentucky Mar 18
- Hampton and Manhattan open NCAA Tournament Mar 17
- Manhattan pulls away late, bests Iona for MAAC title Mar 9
- Manhattan takes on Iona in MAAC title tilt Mar 9
- Arkansas 6-0 after win over Iona Nov 30
- Gaels and Hogs mix it up to close holiday weekend Nov 30