Northern Colorado turns back Idaho State 68-59Feb 13, 2010 - 4:17 AM POCATELLO, Idaho(AP) -- Led by the 16 points of Neal Kingman, Northern Colorado won its 20th game by beating Idaho State 68-59 on Friday night.
The Bears (20-5, 9-3 Big Sky) also got strong performances from Will Figures, with 10 points and three assists, and Mike Proctor, with nine points and six rebounds.
The Bengals (6-18, 3-9) were led by Broderick Gilchrest, with 20 points and five assists, and Demetrius Monroe, with 15 points.
Northern Colorado outrebounded Idaho State 33-23. The Bears also scored 25 points off turnovers and had 19 second-chance points.
The Bears enjoyed their biggest lead at 64-42 with 6:15 left. The Bengals put on a late rally to reduce the final margin to nine.
The Bears led early, but the Bengals reduced it to 27-22 with 3:42 left in the first half. Then Northern Colorado went on 9-2 run for a 38-24 halftime lead.
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Wichita State routs Northern Colorado Dec 9
- 24th-ranked Shockers play host to struggling Bears Dec 8
- Idaho State's O'Brien resigns Dec 19
- Marquette, minus Johnson-Odom, routs Northern Colorado Dec 17
- Bears try to clip wings of 11th-ranked Golden Eagles Dec 17
- Aztecs begin tourney with rout of Northern Colorado Mar 17
- Northern Colorado wins Big Sky to reach first NCAA tourney Mar 9
- Tisdale, Richardson, guide Illinois past Northern Colorado Dec 12
- Northern Colorado moves quickly to replace Boyle Apr 20
- Montana rallies over Northern Colorado 68-63 Mar 9