George Washington defeats Fordham 78-53Feb 13, 2010 - 9:10 PM NEW YORK(AP) -- Damian Hollis scored 26 points and George Washington defeated Fordham 78-53 on Saturday.
The Colonials (13-10, 3-7 Atlantic 10 Conference) scored 36 points in the paint and converted 16 Fordham turnovers into 18 points.
George Washington, which shot 41.8 percent from the field (28 of 67), held the Rams (2-21, 0-11) to 29.6 percent shooting (16 of 54).
Fordham brought it within 25-21 on Alberto Eastwick's 3 with 7:21 left in the first half, but George Washington used a 13-1 run to pull away.
Herman Opoku's two free throws capped the spurt with 1:04 left in the half, and the Rams would get no closer than 12 points the rest of the way.
Dwayne Smith scored 15 points for the Colonials, who won for the 10th time in their last 11 games.
Eastwick finished with 12 points and Chris Gaston had 13 rebounds for the Rams, who lost their 16th straight.
- Cavanaugh scores 18; No. 21 GW beats St Peter's 87 Dec 19
- Balanced Fordham defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 85-62 Nov 21
- Fordham hires EKU's Neubauer as coach Mar 30
- Pecora fired at Fordham Mar 18
- VCU gets back on track at George Washington Feb 15
- Colonials tangle with 20th-ranked Rams Feb 14
- VCU keeps rolling with rout of George Washington Jan 27
- Colonials come calling on 14th-ranked Rams Jan 27
- GW upends No. 11 Wichita State Dec 25
- Shockers clash with Colonials for Diamond Head Classic crown Dec 25
- Jordan, Harrison lead St. John's past Fordham Dec 14
- Red Storm and Rams meet in MSG Holiday Festival Dec 14