Wofford defeats Samford 59-54Feb 13, 2010 - 10:41 PM BIRMINGHAM, Ala.(AP) -- Junior Salters scored 15 points to lead Wofford to a 59-54 win over Samford on Saturday.
Tim Johnson scored 13 points and grabbed 16 rebounds for the Terriers (19-8, 11-3 Southern Conference), who are on a six-game winning streak. Noah Dahlman added 12 points.
Johnson's 16 rebounds were just one short of his career high.
A 9-0 run from Wofford in the second half gave them a 41-38 lead with 8:49 remaining. The Terriers maintained the lead for the remainder of the game, leading by as many as nine points after a 3-pointer from Cameron Rundles gave Wofford a 53-44 lead with 3:08 left.
Trey Montgomery scored 17 points to lead the Bulldogs (10-16, 4-10), who have lost six of their past seven games.
The Terriers outrebounded the Bulldogs 33-26, and outscored Samford 35-22 in the second half.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Samford coach Padgett signs 4-year extension Mar 6
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- Samford tabs Padgett new head coach Jun 6
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21