Western Illinois defeats Centenary 64-55Feb 14, 2010 - 4:28 AM SHREVEPORT, La.(AP) -- Ceola Clark scored 21 points to lead Western Illinois to a 64-55 victory over Centenary on Saturday night.
Clark went 8-for-11 from the free throw line as the Leathernecks (11-14, 4-10 Summit League) won their third straight game.
Western Illinois scored six straight points to build a 57-50 lead with 3:14 remaining. Matt Lander hit a free throw, Clark had a 3-pointer and Quenton Kirby had a jumper for the largest second half lead for either team.
Centenary (8-18, 3-12) cut the deficit to 59-55 on David Nurse's free throw with 32 seconds left, but Lander, who finished with 10 points, had two more free throws for a 61-55 advantage with 30 seconds to play.
Kirby and James Granstra had nine rebounds each for the Leathernecks.
Daman Starring scored 20, Jerrald Bonham added 14 and Pedro Maciel had 10 for Centenary. Maxx Nakwaasah had 10 rebounds.
- Callahan lifts South Dakota State over Western Illinois in OT Mar 7
- Leathernecks and Jackrabbits seek Summit League championship Mar 6
- Michigan holds off Western Illinois Nov 18
- Leathernecks seek upset of 17th-ranked Wolverines Nov 17
- Glenn leads IUPUI over Western Illinois 77-68 Mar 7
- Baker hits 31 in finale, Southern Utah wins 70-67 Feb 28
- North Dakota State pulls out overtime win, 63-59 Feb 27
- Couisnard, McKinney-Jones lead UMKC to 83-69 win Feb 25
- South Dakota State stymies Western Illinois 66-53 Feb 25
- Clark propels Western Illinois over UMKC 64-59 Feb 20
- Lander, Western Illinois drop Southern Utah 63-49 Feb 18
- Ford gives Oral Roberts spark in 76-56 victory Feb 16