Alabama rallies past Arkansas, 73-68Feb 13, 2010 - 11:20 PM By JOHN ZENOR AP Sports Writer
TUSCALOOSA, Ala.(AP) -- JaMychal Green and Anthony Brock both hit a pair of free throws in the final 14 seconds to help Alabama cap a 73-68 comeback victory over Arkansas on Saturday.
The Crimson Tide (14-11, 4-7 Southeastern Conference) rallied from a 13-point deficit early in the second half to snap a four-game losing streak.
The Razorbacks (13-12, 6-4) had won five straight games to take the SEC West lead but couldn't finish this one out. Courtney Fortson made 1 of 2 free throws with 36 seconds left to cut Alabama's lead to 67-66.
Arkansas quickly fouled Mikhail Torrance who, like Green and Brock, made both shots from the line.
The Razorbacks' only basket in the final 2 minutes came on Fortson's drive with 8 seconds left. Brock then secured the victory from the line.
Green had 22 points and nine rebounds and made all but one of his 13 free throw attempts.
- NCAA BB
ALABAMA 73 FINAL
Feb 13 6:10 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ARKANSAS 38 38
ALABAMA 29 29 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
ARKANSAS - COURTNEY FORTSON 12, ROTNEI CLARKE 5,
THREE PLAYERS WITH 4
ALABAMA - JAMYCHAL GREEN 11, JUSTIN KNOX 6, TONY
Feb 13 4:53 PM
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens May 17
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State May 2
- Alabama hires John Pelphrey as associate head coach Apr 13
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Alabama players Coleman, Kessens leaving program Mar 30
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Johnson taking the long view after first season at Alabama Mar 16
- Arkansas reeling, postseason unlikely, following latest loss Feb 19
- Obasohan helps lead Alabama into NCAA tourney contention Feb 18
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M Feb 9