Florida A&M defeats Maryland-Eastern Shore 80-71Feb 13, 2010 - 11:27 PM PRINCESS ANNE, Md.(AP) -- Larry Jackson scored 18 points and two players had double-doubles for Florida A&M in its 80-71 win over Maryland-Eastern Shore on Saturday.
Yannick Crowder had 15 points and 11 rebounds and Amin Stevens added 13 points and 11 boards for the Rattlers (6-18, 3-8 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference).
The Hawks (7-18, 5-6) took a 34-33 lead on Hillary Haley's 3-pointer with 3:08 left in the first half, but were outscored 13-6 the rest of the half.
Travis Wallace's jumper gave Florida A&M a 44-39 lead with 6 seconds left until halftime.
Brandon Bryant scored 13 points for the Rattlers, who shot 51.9 percent from the field (28 of 54).
Tim Burns had 17 points and five steals and Josh Bright and Haley added 12 points each for the Maryland-Eastern Shore.
Sean Berry tallied 12 rebounds for the Hawks, who shot 33.3 percent from 3-point range (6 of 18).
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Kilpatrick helps Bearcats dominate Hawks Dec 8
- No. 11 Bearcats battle Hawks Dec 8
- Virginia cruises to 9th straight win Dec 27
- Hawks pay visit to 23rd-ranked Cavaliers Dec 27
- Brown leads No. 8 Pitt to easy win Dec 19