Eayrs sparks UWM to 71-60 win over DetroitFeb 13, 2010 - 10:49 PM DETROIT(AP) -- James Eayrs hit five 3-pointers and the Wisconsin-Milwaukee bench accounted for 31 points Saturday in a 71-60 victory over Detroit.
Eayrs hit two of his 3-pointers during a 10-1 run that put the Panthers (14-12, 6-8 Horizon) on top 59-47 with 8 minutes remaining. Detroit (15-12, 7-8) never got closer than five the rest of the way.
Eayrs' 3-pointers accounted for all of his 15 points. Ricky Franklin led UWM with 16 points. Tony Meier added 12 off the bench and fellow reserve Jason Averkamp had eight points and 11 rebounds. The Panthers' bench outscored its Detroit counterparts 31-9.
Eli Holman had 13 points and 18 rebounds for Detroit, which led 13-5 in the early going before falling behind 32-31 at halftime. Thomas Kennedy added 13 points and Chase Simon 11 for the Titans. Woody Payne had nine points and 11 assists.
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- Wisconsin rolls over Milwaukee Dec 10
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 10
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee banned from postseason Apr 9
- Strong second half sends Villanova past Milwaukee Mar 21
- East Regional action sets Wildcats against Panthers Mar 20
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11