VMI 97, N.C.-Asheville 114Feb 14, 2010 - 12:44 AM ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- John Williams scored 31 points to lead six North Carolina-Asheville players in double figures as the Bulldogs defeated Virginia Military Institute 114-97 on Saturday.
Williams also had eight rebounds, J.P. Primm had 16 points and 13 assists and Chris Stephenson had 12 points and 12 rebounds as UNC-Asheville set a season high for points. The Bulldogs (12-14, 9-6 Big South Conference) shot 58.8 percent from the field (40-for-68) to win their second consecutive game.
UNC-Asheville swept VMI this season.
The Bulldogs led 66-46 with 19:35 to play, but the Keydets (9-16, 4-11) cut the lead to 85-80 with 8 minutes left. UNC-Asheville scored the next six points and wasn't threatened again.
D.J. Cunningham scored 19, Jaron Lane had 15 and Matt Dickey added 14 for the Bulldogs.
Keith Gabriel scored 32, Stan Okoye had 17 and Michael Sparks added 15 points for VMI.
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 114 FINAL
Feb 13 6:32 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 64 HALFTIME
Feb 13 5:30 PM
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- VMI introduces Earl as new men's hoops coach Apr 13
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- No. 21 West Virginia routs VMI Nov 27
- Mountaineers continue run against Keydets Nov 26
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Thompson and Thomas help Buckeyes down Bulldogs Dec 15