Texas A&M defeats Texas Tech 67-65Feb 14, 2010 - 12:38 AM LUBBOCK, Texas(AP) -- B.J. Holmes scored 18 points to lead Texas A&M past Texas Tech 67-65 on Saturday.
The Red Raiders were up 51-47 midway through the second half before the Aggies (18-6, 7-3 Big 12) used a 10-2 run to go up 61-55. Holmes, who was 4 of 7 from 3-point range, hit from behind the arc to cap the spurt.
Texas Tech (16-8, 4-6) pulled within 63-60 on two free throws by David Tairu with 30.5 seconds remaining, but four free throws by Donald Sloan and Brian Davis kept A&M out front.
Davis added 13 points and 16 rebounds for the Aggies, who won their fourth straight.
John Roberson scored 22 points to lead Texas Tech, but he was held to six points in the second half.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TEXAS A&M 35 32 67
TEXAS TECH 30 35 65 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: TEXAS A&M - B.J. HOLMES 18, DONALD SLOAN 14,
BRYAN DAVIS 13
TEXAS TECH - JOHN ROBERSON 22, MIKE SINGLETARY 17,
DAVID TAIRU 9
Feb 13 7:10 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS A&M 35
TEXAS TECH 30 HALFTIME
Feb 13 5:54 PM
- Chris Beard bolted UNLV to come 'home' to Texas Tech Apr 16
- Coach Chris Beard spurns UNLV for Texas Tech Apr 15
- No chance for a wild comeback for Aggies in 77-63 loss to OU Mar 25
- Hield, Sooners face former Big 12 foes Aggies in Sweet 16 Mar 24
- House leading the party at Texas A&M into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Texas A&M announces new 5-year deal for coach Billy Kennedy Mar 12
- Texas A&M rolling toward NCAA tourney after 4-year absence Jan 20
- Washington's Scott Woodward named AD at Texas A&M Jan 8