Alabama State defeats Alabama A&M 80-76Feb 14, 2010 - 3:57 AM HUNTSVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Menji Mundadi scored 27 points, including 15 in the second half, and Alabama State beat Alabama A&M 80-76 on Saturday night.
The Hornets (10-13, 7-5 Southwest Athletic Conference) trailed 48-35 at halftime, and held the Bulldogs to 34.6 percent shooting in the second half (9 of 26).
Alabama A&M (8-12, 5-7), which led by as many as 17 early in the second half, took a 63-52 advantage on Casey Cantey's jumper with 9:43 remaining.
Alabama State then outscored the Bulldogs 20-9 to lead 73-72 on Christopher Duncan's layup with 2:03 to go. It was the Hornets first lead since 17:12 left in the first half.
Jabari Deshields' 3 put the Bulldogs back on top, 75-73 with 1:40 to go, but the Hornets scored five straight to pull away.
Byron Walker added 19 points for Alabama State.
Cantey finished with 18 points and Cornelius Hester added 17 for Alabama A&M.
- NCAA BB
ALABAMA ST 80
ALABAMA A&M 76 FINAL
Feb 13 10:05 PM
- NCAA BB
ALABAMA ST 35
ALABAMA A&M 48 HALFTIME
Feb 13 8:45 PM
- New Mexico opens with easy win over Alabama A&M Nov 10
- Lobos open season against visiting Bulldogs Nov 9
- Florida stomps Alabama State Nov 11
- Gators officially open season against visiting Hornets Nov 11
- No. 20 Michigan routs Alabama A&M Dec 17
- Alabama A&M pays visit to No. 20 Michigan Dec 17
- Crimson Tide stay perfect, down Bulldogs Nov 24
- Tide expected to roll in clash with visiting Bulldogs Nov 23
- No. 21 Cincinnati routs Alabama State Nov 14
- 21st-ranked Bearcats open season against visiting Hornets Nov 13
- Johnson scores 29, leads UTSA to 1st NCAA tourney win Mar 16
- Alabama State wins SWAC title over Grambling Mar 13