Tennessee St. beats Austin Peay 76-67Feb 14, 2010 - 4:33 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Jeremiah Crutcher scored 22 points, leading four Tennessee State players in double figures in a 76-67 win over Austin Peay on Saturday night.
Robert Covington added 17 points, Jacquan Nobles had 15 and Wil Peters 12 for the Tigers (6-20, 3-11 Ohio Valley Conference), who have won back-to-back games for the first time since early December. The wins come on the heels of a seven-game losing skid for the Tigers.
Austin Peay led by six points at the break and 50-39 midway through the second after a John Fraley free throw. But Peters hit consecutive 3-pointers for the Tigers, sparking a 23-8 run. The Tigers hit 10 free throws in the game's final minute to seal it.
Wesley Channels paced the Governors (14-12, 8-6) with 20 points. Anthony Campbell added 17 points and Fraley tallied a double-double, scoring 15 points and pulling down 18 rebounds.
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Cotton, No. 16 Wichita State take down Tennessee State Nov 16
- Tigers face daunting task in clash with 16th-ranked Shockers Nov 16
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14