St. John's edges Notre Dame 69-68Feb 15, 2010 - 2:57 AM By TOM COYNE AP Sports Writer
SOUTH BEND, Ind.(AP) -- D. J. Kennedy made a pair of free throws with 12 seconds left and St. John's held on to win 69-68 Sunday night for its first Big East road win of the season.
It was the second straight win for St. John's (14-10, 4-8) after five straight losses. The Fighting Irish (17-9, 6-7) couldn't win without Luke Harangody, who was out with a deep bone bruise to his right knee. Notre Dame's Tory Jackson missed a pair of 3-pointers in the closing seconds.
Tim Abromaitis led the Irish with 24 points. His 3-pointer with 90 seconds left put the Irish ahead 66-64.
Dwight Hardy, who led the Red Storm with 16, made a 3 with 57 seconds left to give St. John's a 67-66 lead. But Tyrone Nash, who had a career-high 16, made two free throws with 38 seconds left to put Notre Dame back in front.
- NCAA BB
ST JOHNS 69
NOTRE DAME 68 FINAL
Feb 14 9:33 PM
- NCAA BB
ST JOHNS 37
NOTRE DAME 34 HALFTIME
Feb 14 8:19 PM
- Beachem says he'll be back at Notre Dame for senior season May 1
- Notre Dame's Beachem enters NBA draft, won't hire an agent Apr 12
- Jackson: Meeting with Brey, NCAA play led him to opt for NBA Mar 30
- Notre Dame's Jackson decides to enter NBA draft Mar 29
- Brey: Notre Dame's Jackson has to explore entering NBA draft Mar 28
- Notre Dame can't find one last run to beat North Carolina Mar 28
- North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Notre Dame finally finding March success under Brey Mar 23
- ND's Auguste at best in March, shooting 86 percent in NCAAs Mar 22
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17