Florida State defeats Boston College 62-47Feb 15, 2010 - 2:56 AM TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Michael Snaer tied a career-high 18 points and Florida State defeated Boston College 62-47 on Sunday night.
The Seminoles (18-7, 6-5 Atlantic Coast Conference) trailed 36-35 after Joe Trapani's 3-pointer put Boston College ahead with 18:02 to go, but pulled away on a 13-2 run. Snaer's jumper capped the run to give Florida State a 48-38 lead with 13:01 remaining.
The Seminoles led by as many as 19, forced 20 turnovers and held the Eagles to 33.3 percent (17 of 51) from the floor.
Florida State led 10-5, but made just two of its next 10 from 3-point range. The Eagles, however, were 4 of 9 from behind the arc, including two by Trapani.
Chris Singleton scored 12 points and grabbed eight rebounds for Florida State. Snaer's first 18-point game came against Tennessee-Martin on Dec. 22.
Trapani led Boston College (12-13, 3-8) with 17 points and Rakim Sanders added 12.
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 47
FLORIDA ST 62 FINAL
Feb 14 9:33 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 30
FLORIDA ST 30 HALFTIME
Feb 14 8:22 PM
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Florida State's Beasley focuses on training for NBA draft Mar 24
- Florida State's Bacon to submit name for NBA draft Mar 23
- Florida State hope lessons learned will pay off next season Mar 18
- FSU's Beacon and Beasley focused on NIT, not NBA Mar 14
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- Florida State senior Devon Bookert emerges as team leader Mar 4
- Hamilton, Florida State looks to snap 5-game losing streak Feb 26