Austin Peay defeats Jacksonville State 83-63Feb 16, 2010 - 4:12 AM CLARKSVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Anthony Campbell scored 15 points and Austin Peay defeated Jacksonville State 83-63 on Monday night.
The Governors (15-13, 9-8 Ohio Valley Conference) shot 73.9 percent from the field in the first half (17 of 23), and led 45-27 at halftime.
Austin Peay led 13-12 early and outscored the Gamecocks 21-4 over the next 12:22 to lead 34-16 on Anthony Campbell's layup with 6:09 left in the first half. The Gamecocks (11-15, 7-9) would get no closer than 13 the rest of the way.
Wes Channels added 12 points, and Caleb Brown and Tyrone Caldwell had 11 each for Austin Peay, which snapped a two-game losing streak.
Dominique Shellman and John Barnes scored 13 points each for Jacksonville State. Nick Murphy chipped in 10 points for the Gamecocks, who shot 35.3 percent from the field (24 of 68).
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14
- No. 18 UNLV downs Jacksonville State Nov 18
- Rebels play host to Gamecocks in Global Sports Classic Nov 17
- Murray State routs Austin Peay Feb 11
- Racers seek turnaround against Governors Feb 11
- Murray State keeps rolling with easy win over Jacksonville State Jan 13