Maryland-Eastern Shore tops Bethune-Cookman 62-56Feb 16, 2010 - 3:48 AM PRINCESS ANNE, Md.(AP) -- Josh Bright scored 12 points and two others scored in double figures as Maryland-Eastern Shore beat Bethune-Cookman 62-56 on Monday night.
Kevin White added 10 points and seven assists, and Hillary Haley came off the bench to score 10 for the Hawks (8-18, 6-6 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who had lost four of their past five games and snapped a two-game losing streak.
The game was tied 56-56 with 2:41 to play, but Haley hit a 3-pointer with 2:05 remaining and Tim Burns followed with a basket with 51 seconds remaining to give the Hawks a 61-56 lead. The Hawks added a free throw in the final 15 seconds for the final margin.
CJ Reed scored 19 points and Alexander Starling added 14 for the Wildcats (14-12, 6-6), who lost their third game in a row. It was the sixth straight time the Wildcats failed to score at least 60 points in a game.
- Bethune-Cookman beats Trinity Baptist 108-54 in opener Nov 13
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Kilpatrick helps Bearcats dominate Hawks Dec 8
- No. 11 Bearcats battle Hawks Dec 8
- Norfolk State earns 1st NCAA tourney bid by besting Bethune-Cookman Mar 10
- MEAC title up for grabs in Winston-Salem Mar 10
- Virginia cruises to 9th straight win Dec 27