N.C.-Asheville 69, Presbyterian 66Feb 17, 2010 - 3:54 AM CLINTON, S.C. (AP) -- J.P. Primm scored 10 of his 20 points in overtime as North Carolina-Asheville edged Presbyterian 69-66 in overtime on Tuesday night.
The sophomore scored the final seven points of OT for UNC-Asheville (13-14, 10-6 Big South Conference) after Jake Troyli's jumper put Presbyterian up 63-62 with just over 1 minute left. Primm's 3-pointer put the Bulldogs in front for good, 65-53, as they survived despite committing 24 turnovers.
Matt Dickey added 14 points for the Bulldogs and John Williams had 11. Freshman D.J. Cunningham grabbed a career-best 15 rebounds while adding six points, four steals and four blocked shots.
Chase Holmes' layup gave Presbyterian a 54-52 lead with 55 seconds left in regulation. But the Bulldogs got the ball to Cunningham, who scored with 30 seconds left to send the game into OT.
Holmes led the Blue Hose (4-23, 2-13) with 20 points.
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 69
PRESBYTERIAN 66 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 16 9:39 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 29
PRESBYTERIAN 24 HALFTIME
Feb 16 8:23 PM
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Thompson and Thomas help Buckeyes down Bulldogs Dec 15
- Bulldogs face unenviable task against seventh-ranked Buckeyes Dec 15
- No. 16 NC State squeaks past UNC-Asheville Nov 23