Saint Louis defeats Rhode Island, 62-57Feb 18, 2010 - 4:23 AM SAINT LOUIS,(AP) -- Kwamain Mitchell scored 11 of his team-high 13 points in the second half to lead a quartet of Saint Louis players with double figures in a 62-57 victory over Rhode Island Wednesday night.
The Billikens (17-8, 8-3 Atlantic 10) won their fifth-straight game, and in each of the last four wins, Saint Louis trailed by double-digits.
Kyle Cassity popped for 11 points and Christian Salecich and Willie Reed each collected 10 points for Saint Louis, now 14-1 on their home floor at Chaifetz Arena.
The Rams (19-6, 7-5) led the game by as many as 12 in the first half and 11 in the second half, 37-26, with 17:28 to play following a Ryan Brooks basket.
Down 51-49 with 6:12 to play, Saint Louis used an 11-0 run to seal the victory.
Rams freshman Akeem Richmond led all scorers with 18 points by going 6 for 11 from 3-point range.
Saint Louis shot 52.4 percent from the floor (22 for 42), with Cassity going 5 for 6.
- Rhode Island guard E.C. Matthews out for season Nov 14
- Hurley has new deal at Rhode Island Apr 2
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- No. 17 VCU rallies to down Rhode Island Jan 13
- VCU and Rhode Island lock horns in A-10 tussle Jan 13
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- Eighth-ranked Shockers set sights on Billikens Dec 6
- Kansas beats URI to move on in Orlando Nov 27
- Rams butt heads with Jayhawks in Orlando Classic Nov 27