Mascala lifts Bucknell over Lafayette 78-67Feb 18, 2010 - 2:52 AM LEWISBURG, Pa.(AP) -- Mike Muscala scored 23 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as Bucknell coasted past Lafayette 78-67 on Wednesday night.
The Bison (12-15, 7-4 Patriot League) won for the sixth time in seven games to remain tied with Navy for second in the conference, one game behind Lehigh.
The Leopards (15-11, 6-5) fell into fourth place after losing for the fourth time in five games.
Bucknell held a 29-18 first-half rebounding advantage and limited the Leopards to 27.3 percent first-half shooting (9-for-33).
The Bison led 45-29 at halftime after leading by as many as 21 points, and their lead never dipped below 10 in the second half.
G.W. Boon and Joe Willman came off the bench to score 15 and 14 points, respectively, for Bucknell, with Willman getting 10 of his on 5-for-6 shooting in the first half.
Jim Mower scored 12 points and Michael Gruner 10 for Lafayette.
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28