Singleton helps Florida State beat Virginia 69-50Feb 18, 2010 - 2:29 AM CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.(AP) -- Chris Singleton scored 12 points and grabbed seven rebounds to lead Florida State to a 69-50 victory over Virginia on Wednesday night.
Luke Louks had 11 points and Xavier Gibson added 10 for the Seminoles (19-7, 7-5 Atlantic Coast Conference), who held Virginia to its second-lowest scoring output of the season.
The Cavaliers' 50 points are the fewest they have scored since moving into John Paul Jones Arena in 2006.
Solomon Alabi, who came in averaging 12.5 points per game, scored eight points for Florida State. The Seminoles' leading scorer this season left the game at the 18:46 mark with an arm injury, but returned to score six first-half points.
The Seminoles shot 50 percent from the floor compared to Virginia (14-10, 5-6), which shot 38 percent.
Florida State led by nine points at halftime, but went on an 11-2 run to start the second half.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
FLORIDA STATE 33 36 69
VIRGINIA 24 26 50 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: FLORIDA STATE - CHRIS SINGLETON 12, LUKE LOUCKS 11, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 10
VIRGINIA - JEFF JONES 13, MIKE SCOTT 10, SYLVEN
Feb 17 8:49 PM
- NCAA BB
FLORIDA ST 33
VIRGINIA 24 HALFTIME
Feb 17 7:44 PM
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Second-half collapse mars finish for Virginia's seniors Mar 28
- Top-seeded Virginia collapses late, loses 68-62 to Syracuse Mar 27
- Virginia knocking on door for Final Four Mar 27
- Styles clash in Sweet 16 match between Virginia, Iowa State Mar 24
- Florida State's Beasley focuses on training for NBA draft Mar 24
- Florida State's Bacon to submit name for NBA draft Mar 23
- Virginia will have to prove defensive chops against Cyclones Mar 22