Dayton scores 19 straight; beats La Salle 68-54Feb 19, 2010 - 2:37 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Marcus Johnson had 16 points and Dayton scored 19 straight points late in the second half to pull away from La Salle in a 68-54 victory on Thursday night.
Chris Wright finished with 12 points and three steals for the Flyers (18-7, 7-4 Atlantic 10 Conference), who have won four of their last five games.
La Salle's Aaric Murray, who went 4-for-16 from the floor and 1-for-11 from the 3-point line, had a dunk off Rodney Green's pass to tie the game at 49-49 with 8:33 left in the second half.
But Dayton answered with a 19-0 run over the next 6 minutes, capped by Mickey Perry's 3-pointer to give the Flyers a 68-49 advantage. Johnson and Perry led the spurt with six points apiece.
Green, who shot 7 of 23 from the field, was the only Explorers (11-14, 3-8) player to score in double figures with 16 points. Jerrell Williams finished with 11 rebounds - eight offensive.
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Graham leads VCU past Dayton for A-10 crown Mar 15
- VCU seeks redemption in A-10 title game Mar 15