Oakland, Mich., defeats South Dakota State 88-83Feb 19, 2010 - 2:45 AM ROCHESTER, Mich.(AP) -- Johnathon Jones scored a season-high 25 points and Keith Benson had his 15th double-double as Oakland, Mich., beat South Dakota State 88-83 on Thursday night.
Jones sank a career-best five 3-pointers and Benson had 12 points and 13 rebounds for the Golden Grizzlies (21-8, 15-1 Summit League), who won their seventh in a row and their 18th straight league home game. Will Hudson scored a career-high 22 points, and Derick Nelson and Blake Cushingberry had 10 apiece.
Oakland clinched a share of the league championship.
The Jackrabbits (13-13, 9-6), who started the game ahead 8-0, were led by 16 apiece from Garrett Callahan and Kai Williams. All of Callahan's points came in the first half.
After a 72-72 tie, Oakland led 81-74 with 3:30 left. The Jackrabbits pulled within 85-83 on Clint Sargent's free throws with 24 seconds left, but the Golden Grizzlies closed it out at the line.
- NCAA BB
SO DAKOTA ST 83
OAKLAND 88 FINAL
Feb 18 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
SO DAKOTA ST 40
OAKLAND 42 HALFTIME
Feb 18 7:52 PM
- South Dakota St hires Otzelberger as men's basketball coach Apr 14
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- South Dakota State beats D-II Wayne State 80-53 Dec 2
- Bittle scores 23, South Dakota St. beats Chadron St., 87-52 Nov 14
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10