Utah Valley St. 55, S. Dakota 59Feb 19, 2010 - 4:34 AM VERMILLION, S.D. (AP) -- Roman Gentry scored 24 points and Louie Krogman added 15 as South Dakota defeated Utah Valley 59-55 on Thursday night.
Tyler Cain had 15 rebounds and eight blocks for the Coyotes (15-9, 6-1 Great West), who took sole possession of first place in the conference standings, a game in front of Houston Baptist.
The Wolverines (11-14, 4-5), who defeated South Dakota in the teams' first meeting of the season, were within two points with 10 seconds remaining. But freshman Jake Thomas sank two free throws to seal the win for the Coyotes.
Kevin Woods led Utah Valley with 11 points and eight rebounds.
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- South Dakota takes down Florida Gulf Coast 89-81 in OT Dec 28
- No. 3 Arizona makes short work of Utah Valley Dec 10
- Wolverines hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 9
- Brawl ends Utah Valley-New Mexico State game Feb 28
- Oregon routs Utah Valley Nov 20
- Utah Valley challenges No. 17 Oregon Nov 19
- Smart helps Oklahoma State ease past Utah Valley Nov 12
- Utah Valley visits No. 8 Oklahoma State Nov 12
- South Dakota names James interim coach Sep 7
- South Dakota's Tecker to miss senior season Apr 16
- No. 25 KSU turns it on late, beats South Dakota Dec 31