Mullery leads Brown past Penn 80-73Feb 20, 2010 - 3:13 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Matt Mullery scored 22 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as Brown withstood a late Penn rally in an 80-73 victory on Friday night.
Peter Sullivan and Garrett Leffelman each finished with 18 points for the Bears (9-17, 3-6 Ivy League). Mullery, who went 9-for-12 from the floor, scored 12 points in the second half.
Mullery also had three blocked shots for Brown, which shot 52 percent from the field (26-for-50).
The Quakers, who shot 40 percent (27-for-66) for the game, cut Brown's lead to 73-69 with 47 seconds to play on a 3-pointer by Jake Eggleston, who finished with 16 points. But the Bears hit their free throws down the stretch to pull away.
Zack Rosen had a double-double with 29 points and 10 assists for the Quakers (4-17, 4-4). He scored 12 of Penn's first 18 points - all on 3-pointers - to give the Quakers an 18-15 lead in the first half.
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16