North Carolina-Greensboro beats The Citadel 59-53Feb 20, 2010 - 9:40 PM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Ben Stywall notched a double-double, scoring 19 points and grabbing 14 rebounds to lead North Carolina-Greensboro in a 59-53 win over The Citadel on Saturday.
Mikko Koivisto added 18 points for the Spartans (6-21, 5-11 Southern Conference), who snapped a five-game losing slide.
The teams traded leads for the balance of the game, but Austin Dahn's 3-pointer with 12:44 left pushed The Citadel's advantage to 41-35. However, Koivisto matched Dahn's 3 with one of his own, sparking a 19-4 run by UNCG and the Spartans never trailed again.
The Spartans outshot the Bulldogs from the floor 40 percent (20-for-50) to 38.5 percent (20-for-52), and outrebounded them 41-24.
UNCG outscored The Citadel 24-20 in the paint and 14-6 on second-chance points.
Dahn paced the Bulldogs (15-13, 9-7) with 17 points and Cameron Wells added 14.
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 59
THE CITADEL 53 FINAL
Feb 20 2:58 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 24
THE CITADEL 23 HALFTIME
Feb 20 1:53 PM
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- Davidson vs. Citadel moved to Monday due to storm Feb 11
- Appalachian State knocks off The Citadel 71-61 Mar 6
- Wofford defeats UNC-Greensboro 59-47 Mar 6
- The Citadel tops Samford 55-43 in SoCon tournament Mar 5
- UNC-Greensboro beats Furman 66-65 in SoCon tourney Mar 5
- UNC-Greenboro holds off Georgia Southern 81-79 Mar 1
- Dahlman scores 18, Wofford beats The Citadel 75-66 Feb 27
- Furman defeats poor-shooting Citadel 59-44 Feb 25