Liberty defeats High Point 76-67Feb 21, 2010 - 3:47 AM LYNCHBURG, Va.(AP) -- Kyle Ohman scored 24 of his 39 points in the second half and Liberty rallied past high Point 76-67 on Saturday night.
Evan Gordon added 13 points, and Antwan Burrus and Ohman each grabbed 10 rebounds for the Flames (14-14, 9-7 Big South Conference), who broke a tie with High Point to move into fifth place in the conference.
The Flames trailed 38-29 at halftime and grabbed the lead for good at 61-60 on a free throw by Ohman with 3:36 remaining. Liberty finished on a 15-7 run for the final margin.
Liberty made 18 of 25 free throw attempts (72 percent) in the second half and 25 of 37 (67.6 percent) in the game to help the comeback. Ohman made 18 of 25 free throw attempts.
High Point shot 41.4 percent from the field (24 of 58) after making 51.7 percent (15 of 29) in the first half.
Eugene Harris scored 17 points and Nick Barbour added 13 for the Panthers (13-14, 8-8).
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- 20th-ranked Aggies extinguish Flames Nov 10
- Aggies begin season against Flames in 2K Sports Classic Nov 9
- High Point 73, N.C.-Asheville 84 Mar 2