UTSA upends Sam Houston St 91-90 in overtimeFeb 21, 2010 - 4:28 AM SAN ANTONIO(AP) -- Devin Gibson scored 22 points, Morris Smith IV added a double-double and UTSA ended Sam Houston State's 11-game winning streak with a 91-90 overtime victory Saturday night.
Smith IV finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds and Terry Fields and Omar Johnson each had 19 points for the Roadrunners (16-9, 6-6 Southland).
A 5-0 run in the final 21 seconds of overtime, highlighted by a steal and two free throws by Johnson, gave UTSA a 91-87 lead with 4 seconds to play before Drae Murray hit a 3 for the Bobcats (19-6, 11-1)
Corey Allmond led six Sam Houston State players with 17 points. Lance Pevehouse added 16, Gilberto Clavell 14 and Ashton Mitchell 13.
After a free throw by Johnson in the final minute of regulation gave UTSA a 77-74 lead, Murray hit a 3 with 14 seconds remaining. The Roadrunners then missed three shots, sending the game into overtime.
- NCAA BB
SAM HOUSTON ST 90
UTSA 91 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 20 10:31 PM
- NCAA BB
SAM HOUSTON ST 44
UTSA 42 HALFTIME
Feb 20 8:49 PM
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Sam Houston State beats St. Thomas (Texas) 114-92 Nov 17
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15
- UTSA extends Thompson through 2016-17 Jul 26
- Top-ranked Indiana blasts Sam Houston State Nov 15
- Bearkats come north seeking upset of top-ranked Hoosiers Nov 15