St. Bonaventure defeats Fordham 73-68Feb 25, 2010 - 2:43 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Jonathan Hall scored 24 points and St. Bonaventure defeated Fordham 73-68 on Wednesday night.
Hall, averaging 15.3 points over his last six games since returning from an ankle injury, was 10 of 17 from the field against the Rams (2-24, 0-14 Atlantic 10 Conference).
The Bonnies (12-14, 5-8) shot 47.5 percent from the field (28 of 59), and held Fordham to 36.8 percent shooting (21 of 57).
The Rams led 35-34 at halftime but hit just 10 of 28 field goals (35.7 percent) in the second half.
St. Bonaventure led 47-46 with 13:58 left and pulled away on a 9-3 run. Michael Davenport's free throws capped the run and put the Bonnies ahead 56-49 with 12:03 remaining.
Chris Matthews finished with 12 points, and Davenport and Malcolm Eleby added 10 each for St. Bonaventure.
Chris Gatson had 18 points and 13 rebounds for the Rams, who lost their 19th straight.
- Surprising St. Bonaventure nudges into NCAA Tournament talk Mar 10
- Balanced Fordham defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 85-62 Nov 21
- Fordham hires EKU's Neubauer as coach Mar 30
- Pecora fired at Fordham Mar 18
- St. Bonaventure stuns VCU on buzzer-beater Feb 7
- Bonnies entertain 18th-ranked Rams Feb 7
- Jordan, Harrison lead St. John's past Fordham Dec 14
- Red Storm and Rams meet in MSG Holiday Festival Dec 14
- Gathers' buzzer-beater gives Bonnies upset of Saint Louis Mar 14
- Bonnies battle Billikens in A-10 tourney Mar 14
- Kloof helps Bonnies knock off Minutemen Jan 29
- Bonnies seek upset of 21st-ranked Minutemen Jan 29