Johnson scores 21 points to lead UTSA to 88-74 winFeb 25, 2010 - 3:52 AM SAN ANTONIO(AP) -- Omar Johnson scored 21 points and had a career-high nine assists to lead UTSA past Northwestern State 88-74 Wednesday night.
Morris Smith IV added 17 points for the Roadrunners (17-9, 7-6 Southland), who won their fourth straight. Devin Gibson added 13 points. Johnson's point total tied a career high.
Devon Baker scored 20 points to lead the Demons (10-16, 5-8), who had their three-game winning streak snapped.
UTSA extended its 43-30 halftime lead to as many as 19 points and led by double digits for all but 35 seconds of the second half.
After falling behind 8-0, the Roadrunners rallied and took their first lead, 20-17, on a 3-pointer by Melvin Johnson III with 11:44 left in the first half. UTSA never trailed again.
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- UTSA extends Thompson through 2016-17 Jul 26
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23