Illinois-Chicago stuns Wisconsin-Green Bay 78-71Feb 26, 2010 - 3:37 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Robo Kreps scored 24 points and Illinois-Chicago rallied to defeat Wisconsin-Green Bay 78-71 Thursday night.
The Flames (8-20, 3-14 Horizon) have won two in a row after losing 12 of their previous 13 games.
The Phoenix (19-11, 10-7) led 32-24 at halftime and opened up a 14-point lead in the first 3 minutes of the second half before the Flames rallied.
Zavion Neely added 18 points for Illinois-Chicago and Jeremy Buttell had 16 points and 11 rebounds. Kreps also had nine rebounds and went 8-for-8 from the free-throw line.
Rahmon Fletcher had 17 points to lead Wisconsin-Green Bay. Troy Cotton had 15, Bryquis Perine 13 and Rian Pearson 12.
The loss, combined with Wright State's win at Youngstown State, ended Green Bay's hopes of a second-place Horizon League finish.
UIC won 82-80 at Evansville last Saturday on Kreps' last-second basket.
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 71
ILLINOIS CHI 78 FINAL
Feb 25 10:05 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 32
ILLINOIS CHI 24 HALFTIME
Feb 25 8:52 PM
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Green Bay upsets No. 15 Miami-Florida Dec 6
- Phoenix hope to rise above 15th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 6
- No. 3 Wisconsin cruises past Green Bay Nov 20
- No. 3 Wisconsin hosts instate foe Green Bay Nov 19
- No. 20 Wisconsin holds off upset-minded Green Bay Nov 17