Eastern Illinois turns away Austin Peay 83-73Feb 26, 2010 - 4:24 AM CHARLESTON, Ill.(AP) -- Tyler Laser and Jeremy Granger scored 21 points apiece to lead Eastern Illinois to its sixth consecutive victory in an 83-73 decision over Austin Peay on Thursday night.
James Hollowell added 12 and Shaun Pratl 11 for the Panthers (17-11, 10-7 Ohio Valley Conference), who have clinched fifth place but still have a shot at a first-round bye.
Wes Channels scored 23 points for the Governors (16-14, 10-7), who lost their second straight but can earn a bye with a victory Saturday at Southeast Missouri. Anthony Campbell had 13 and Tyrone Caldwell 10.
Austin Peay led 36-35 at the break, but Granger opened the second half with a basket that pushed Eastern Illinois ahead for good.
Eastern Illinois led 55-52 with 12:07 remaining before Pratl scored five straight points and Laser drained a 3-pointer for a 63-52 advantage, which the Panthers held the rest of the game.
- NCAA BB
AUSTIN PEAY 73
EASTRN ILLINOIS 83 FINAL
Feb 25 10:32 PM
- NCAA BB
AUSTIN PEAY 36
EASTRN ILLINOIS 35 HALFTIME
Feb 25 9:27 PM
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14
- Eastern Illinois names Jay Spoonhour head coach Apr 6
- Eastern Illinois not renewing HC Mike Miller's contract Feb 27
- Murray State routs Austin Peay Feb 11
- Racers seek turnaround against Governors Feb 11
- Murray State stays perfect with win over Eastern Illinois Jan 29
- Panthers come to Murray seeking upset of 11th-ranked Racers Jan 28